To all Hong Kong-based businesses with corporate travelers on the move: working with a corporate travel management company (TMC) can help you optimize your business travel and ensure your corporate travelers are getting the most out of their trips.
Travel management services include hotel and flight reservations, but they can also provide duty of care resources, ensure policy compliance, put together itineraries, provide support when faced with unforeseen circumstances, cover expense management, and much more. Travel solutions like these unlock a much more efficient booking and organizing process that enables those traveling for work to focus on the task at hand.
Working with a global travel management company like TravelPerk ensures that, wherever you are in the world, you can enjoy the best rates on the market, access 24/7 customer support, and use an all-in-one booking solution to plan your business trips.
In this guide, we’ve put together the best options for companies based in Hong Kong looking for a reliable, high-quality TMC to work with.
Let’s get going!
TravelPerk gives you everything you need to manage corporate business trips all in one place. Book, manage and report on business travel with the integrated online booking tool.
Find the best fares and enjoy exclusive rates for flights, rail, car rental, and accommodation worldwide. Get the latest travel alerts and safety information, and enjoy the flexibility to cancel or change what you need to and get an 80% refund for added peace of mind with TravelPerk’s exclusive extra FlexiPerk.
Access 24/7 support from actual people when you need it most, and utilize modern technology for a more efficient way to manage corporate travel all year round. TravelPerk is packed with an arsenal of awesome features including:
- Extensive inventory worldwide – Book flights, trains, hotels, car rentals, or even an Airbnb for a hassle-free corporate travel experience.
- Fast, 24/7 customer support – Speak to a real person by phone or online chat to get your travel issues resolved immediately. Available 24/7 all year round, you’re never left in the lurch when a travel emergency arises.
- FlexiPerk – Gives you the most flexible business travel, ever. Book any flight, hotel, car, or train at any rate, and cancel anytime and get 80% of your money back, no questions asked.
- TravelCare – TravelCare keeps your employees safe during their trips, alerting them to any urgent information affecting their travel.
- Integrated travel policy & approval flows – Create and customize your ideal travel policy in under two minutes. Built-in policies make it simple for employees to stay within budgets and stay in control of their travel without being micromanaged.
- Centralized invoicing – Get one invoice for all your purchases and pay just one provider. Don’t waste any more time chasing down invoices.
- Easy & real-time expense reports – An intuitive, easy-to-use expense management interface enables you to track employee spending in real-time.
- VAT recovery helps you save up to 25% on your annual corporate travel expenditure.
- GreenPerk – Set travel emissions targets and drive down traveler emissions through accurate data, and work with carbon compensation solutions.
- Integration with third-party software – Easily connect with a catalog of third-party software integration partners and access some great apps from health and wellness to meeting spaces.
- Events management – From kick-offs and offsites to seasonal parties, organize your work events with ease and enable remote and hybrid teams to connect in real life.
TravelPerk is a leading travel management company offering businesses and travelers complete control and visibility over the travel management process. Everyone benefits from time and money saved, while all aspects of managing business trips are connected and aligned.
Start saving money on business travel for your company today!
2. CTL Connexus
CTL is a travel consultant based in Hong Kong with over 70 years of experience in offering business travel management services in the Greater China region.
- Extensive global supplier network
- Return on investment management
- 24/7 customer support
- Centralized booking and management platform
- Travel insurance and duty of care solutions
- Bespoke corporate travel packages
While they offer a range of attractive services, CTL Connexus cannot compete with TravelPerk when it comes to bonus features such as software integration options and flexible travel policies. TravelPerk offers a vast array of possible integrations, as well as an exclusive cancellation policy, FlexiPerk, which guarantees 80% of your money back with changes possible up to two hours before the start of your trip.
3. SAP Concur
If you’ve been searching for the best corporate travel management companies in Hong Kong, you’ve likely come across SAP Concur. Founded in 1993, the recognized TMC was acquired by SAP in 2014.
- VAT reclaim services on all business travel
- Extensive international travel options
- Integration possibilities with apps like Uber and Airbnb
- Expensive management services
- Comprehensive customer support
- End-to-end itinerary management
- Invoicing services
Despite their reputation and positive reviews, it’s worth remembering that SAP Concur takes six to eight weeks to implement, and requires training before using the platform. At TravelPerk, free accounts can be set up in minutes, and onboarding can be completed in just two weeks, meaning your travel needs can be met much sooner.
4. FCM Travel
FCM Travel is another globally-recognized TMC, established in the travel business for 40 years and Hong Kong for 18 years. As part of the Australian Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), they’re an APAC-born company, with connections around the globe.
- Operations in 95 countries across the globe
- FCM’s Online Booking Tool allows you to customize policies based on department or traveler
- 24/7 customer support services
- FCM Reporting offering AI-assisted data analysis
- Sustainable travel options
- Travel technology suitable for both SMBs and larger corporations
- End-to-end itinerary management
- Dedicated account management and travel consultants
- Expense management services
However, FCM Travel does not offer free implementation or account management, meaning there are plenty of hidden costs. You’ll pay per transaction, meaning that your monthly fee will change based on cancellations, booking dates, the number of reservations made and more. TravelPerk, on the other hand, prioritizes transparency: their clear pricing model means you only pay when you travel—and there are no hidden costs.
With over 15 years of experience in providing corporate travel management solutions—in addition to almost 40 years in leisure travel support—Travelux provides specialized services from visa applications to company-specific travel policy compliance. With a head office in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, they’re a HK-based TMC that operates on a global scale.
- Policy compliance support
- Visa requirement support
- Tailor-made itineraries
- Real-time updates and notifications from a mobile app
- 24/7 customer support
- Comprehensive travel insurance packages
- Specialized MICE travel consultant
- Business travel expense management
Travelux offers a vast array of services to ensure your next corporate trip runs smoothly, but TravelPerk goes above and beyond with bonus features designed to guarantee a successful trip. With an array of third-party software integrations designed to seamlessly connect your travel plans with your existing tech stack, and FlexiPerk, the flexible travel policy, TravelPerk’s extra offerings make all the difference.
How to choose the right corporate travel management company in Hong Kong
Amid a changing business travel industry landscape, you need the right corporate travel management support from your TMC. When selecting a TMC, the following key attributes are crucial:
- Technology – The driving force of modern travel, your chosen corporate travel company in Hong Kong should be able to integrate the right travel tech for your business. The right travel technologies can help you manage risk, automate repetitive processes, and identify time and cost savings.
- Flexibility – Travel plans can change. A TMC that makes adjusting travel arrangements simple is a must to make life easier for travel planners and travelers alike.
- Responsiveness – Travel disruptions happen. When they do, you want a business travel management company that’s available and responsive to tackle any problems that arise. Ideally, you want to communicate with a real human rather than a bot when time is of the essence.
- Comprehensiveness – You want a corporate travel management company that covers everything. A TMC should be your one-stop shop for all things business travel related. From booking flights and accommodation to managing travel expenses, you want to limit the number of touchpoints to ensure a streamlined travel management process.
Book your next corporate trip today
So, there we have it: the top five corporate travel management companies in Hong Kong, catering to your company’s specific travel needs and more. Whether you’re based in Asia or Australia, working with these TMCs will ensure a smooth, seamless travel experience.
With its user-oriented platform, world-class travel inventory, and fast, helpful customer support, TravelPerk consistently comes out on top. Want to find out more about how we can make your next business trip that much easier? Request a demo today to see TravelPerk in action.