Olá! to all Portugal-based businesses with corporate travelers on the move! Whether you’re a company of seasoned travelers or employees who are new to business travel, working with a corporate travel management company (TMC) can help you optimize your work trips—and ensure your employees are getting the most out of their journeys.
Travel management services are all-encompassing. They include hotel and flight reservations, but they can also provide duty of care resources, ensure policy compliance, put together itineraries, provide support when faced with unforeseen circumstances, cover expense management, and much more. Travel solutions like these unlock a much more efficient booking and organizing process that enables those traveling for work to focus on the task at hand—confident that their travel program is in safe hands.
In this guide, we’ve put together the best options for companies based in Portugal looking for a reliable, high-quality TMC to work with.
Let’s get going!
The best in business travel management for companies based in Portugal
TravelPerk gives you everything you need to manage corporate business trips all in one place. Book, manage and report on business travel with the integrated online booking tool.
Find the best fares and enjoy exclusive rates for flights, rail, car rental, and accommodation worldwide. Get the latest travel alerts and safety information, and enjoy the flexibility to cancel or change what you need to and get an 80% refund if you cancel up to 2 hours before with TravelPerk’s exclusive extra FlexiPerk.
Access 24/7 support from real people when you need it most, and utilize modern technology for a more efficient way to manage corporate travel all year round. TravelPerk is packed with an arsenal of awesome features including:
- Extensive inventory worldwide – Book flights, trains, hotels, car rentals, or even an Airbnb for a hassle-free corporate travel experience.
- Fast, 24/7 customer support – Speak to a real person by phone or online chat to get your travel issues resolved immediately. Available 24/7 all year round, you’re never left in the lurch when a travel emergency arises.
- FlexiPerk – Gives you the most flexible business travel, ever. Book any flight, hotel, car, or train at any rate, and cancel anytime and get 80% of your money back, no questions asked.
- TravelCare – TravelCare keeps your employees safe during their trips, alerting them to any urgent information affecting their travel.
- Integrated travel policy & approval flows – Create and customize your ideal travel policy in under two minutes. Built-in policies make it simple for employees to stay within budgets and stay in control of their travel without being micromanaged.
- Centralized invoicing – Get one invoice for all your purchases and pay just one provider. Don’t waste any more time chasing down invoices.
- Easy & real-time expense reports – An intuitive, easy-to-use expense management interface enables you to track employee spending in real-time.
- VAT recovery helps you save up to 25% on your annual corporate travel expenditure.
- GreenPerk – Set travel emissions targets and drive down traveler emissions through accurate data, and work with carbon compensation solutions.
- Integration with third-party software – Easily connect with a catalog of third-party software integration partners and access some great apps from health and wellness to meeting spaces.
- Events management – From kick-offs and offsites to seasonal parties, organize your work events with ease and enable remote and hybrid teams to connect in real life.
TravelPerk is a leading travel management company offering businesses and travelers complete control and visibility over the travel management process. Everyone benefits from time and money saved, while all aspects of managing business trips are connected and aligned.
Start saving money on business travel for your company today!
2. Travel Care
Founded over 20 years ago, Travel Care is a well-established traditional travel agency providing a range of travel management services. Based in Porto, they offer specialized MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions) travel with trips around the world, partnering with organizations such as Uniglobe, IATA and APAVT. The key features available on Travel Care’s platform include:
- Conference organization and management
- Travel reports and insights
- Travel approval system customized to suit company travel policies
- Group, individual and luxury transfers
- End-to-end itinerary management
- Checking airfares
Travel Care offers many appealing services, particularly their familiarity with the Portuguese corporate travel world, but it falls behind TravelPerk when it comes to customer support (TravelPerk offers full, 24/7 customer support to all travelers), VAT reclaim services, which they do not offer, and travel rates that are not as competitive as those in the TravelPerk inventory. Additionally, Travel Care lacks a centralized invoicing and travel insights dashboard.
3. Travel Gate
Travel Gate is a travel agency offering, among other services, specialized corporate travel solutions. With offices in Porto and Viseu, Travel Gate operates on a global scale. Experienced in business travel management, they provide solutions tailor-made to each organization. Solutions offered by Travel Gate include:
- Specialized corporate travel itineraries
- Travel and expense management tools
- 24/7 customer support every day of the year
- Network of specialized consultants for the corporate traveler
- Real-time notifications and updates
- Meetings and events management
- Transparent pricing system
However, TravelPerk outperforms Travel Gate, with customer support aiming for a target 15-second response time. In addition, TravelPerk offers exclusive services such as a centralized invoice and fully customizable travel insights dashboard, which Travel Gate does not provide.
4. Wide Travel
Headquartered in Lisbon, Wide Travel is a travel consultancy specializing in corporate and MICE travel. They provide services for small, medium and large businesses, primarily through an online booking tool. For business travelers looking to organize events such as international conferences or board meetings, Wide Travel offers significant experience in event management, from proposals to execution. Wide Travel’s platform offers a range of features including:
- Online booking tool
- Travel insurance management
- VIP travel options
- Meetings and event management
- Over 40 specialized travel experts on hand
- End-to-end itinerary management
Wide Travel has many outstanding features, but it does not offer a cancellation policy, unlike TravelPerk’s exclusive tool FlexiPerk which guarantees a refund of 80%, up until two hours before your journey starts. TravelPerk also offers a more extensive travel inventory, including low-cost carriers and Airbnb. Additionally, TravelPerk’s software integration options and VAT reclaim services add significant value to their offering, when compared with Wide Travel.
Q’viagem! (What a journey!) is a traditional travel agency offering corporate travel management solutions in addition to leisure and group travel options. This TMC operates all around Portugal, with offices in 11 locations around the country where you can book your next national or international business trip. They offer a range of solutions to meet your travel needs, including:
- Travel policy compliance
- 24/7 customer support
- Expense management solutions
- Transport rental booking and management
- Real-time travel notifications
- Online booking tool
Q’Viagem offers plenty of attractive options, but it can’t compete with TravelPerk when it comes to inventory size. TravelPerk’s extensive travel and accommodation inventory is world-class, with options ranging from low-cost carriers to luxury hotels. Furthermore, Q’Viagem does not offer any type of software integration, while TravelPerk’s vast selection ensures that you can seamlessly link your travel plans with your company’s existing tech stack.
How to choose the right corporate travel management company in Portugal
Amid a changing business travel industry landscape, you need the right corporate travel management support from your TMC. When selecting a TMC, the following attributes are crucial:
- Technology – The driving force of modern travel, your chosen corporate travel company in Portugal should be able to integrate the right travel tech for your business. The ideal travel technologies can help you manage risk, automate repetitive processes, and identify time and cost savings.
- Flexibility – Travel plans can change. A TMC that makes adjusting travel arrangements simple is a must to make life easier for travel planners and travelers alike.
- Responsiveness – Travel disruptions happen. When they do, you want a business travel management company that’s available and responsive to tackle any problems that arise. Ideally, you want to communicate with a real human rather than a bot when time is of the essence.
- Comprehensiveness – You want a corporate travel management company that covers everything. A TMC should be your one-stop shop for all things business travel related. From booking flights and accommodation to managing travel expenses, you want to limit the number of touchpoints to ensure a streamlined travel management process.
Book your next corporate trip from Portugal today
So, there we have it: the top five corporate travel management companies in Portugal, catering to your company’s specific travel needs and more. Whether you’re based in Europe, or further afield, working with these TMCs will ensure a smooth, seamless travel experience.
Working with a global travel management company like TravelPerk ensures that, wherever you are in the world, you can enjoy the best rates on the market, access 24/7 customer support care, and use an all-in-one booking solution to plan your business trips.With its user-oriented platform, world-class travel inventory, and fast, helpful customer support, TravelPerk consistently comes out on top. Want to find out more about how we can make your next business trip that much easier? Request a demo today to see TravelPerk in action.