Whether you’re based in Norway, the rest of Scandinavia, or further afield, managing business trips can be a hassle. A corporate travel management company (TMC) helps you handle your entire business trip like a pro, whether you’re traveling to turn prospects into clients or to meet colleagues.
Corporate travel management is more than just logistics. Travelers need to record travel and entertainment (T&E) expenditures, business credit card spends, and get necessary approvals while complying with company travel policies. On the flip side, companies need to bargain for the best travel insurance, flight, and hotel deals to trim travel expenses.
Corporate travel solutions are a win-win for both travelers and companies. They simplify trip arrangements, expense management, policy enforcement, and record-keeping with automated workflows.
Partnering with a global travel management company like TravelPerk lets you enjoy the most comprehensive travel inventory, optimize travel spend, access 24/7 customer support, and use a unified tool to oversee every aspect of corporate travel.
This guide outlines the top five TMCs that Norwegian companies can turn to for reliable, high-quality corporate travel management.
The best in business travel management for companies based in Norway
TravelPerk gives you everything you need to manage corporate business trips all in one place. Book, manage and report on business travel with the integrated online booking tool.
Find the best fares and enjoy exclusive rates for flights, rail, car rental, and accommodation worldwide. Get the latest travel alerts and safety information, and enjoy the flexibility to cancel or change what you need to and get an 80% refund for added peace of mind with TravelPerk’s exclusive extra FlexiPerk.
Access 24/7 support from actual people when you need it most, and utilize modern technology for a more efficient way to manage corporate travel all year round. TravelPerk is packed with an arsenal of awesome features including:
- Extensive inventory worldwide – Book flights, trains, hotels, car rentals, or even an Airbnb for a hassle-free corporate travel experience.
- Fast, 24/7 customer support – Speak to a real person by phone or online chat to get your travel issues resolved immediately. Available 24/7 all year round, you’re never left in the lurch when a travel emergency arises.
- FlexiPerk – Gives you the most flexible business travel, ever. Book any flight, hotel, car, or train at any rate, and cancel anytime and get 80% of your money back, no questions asked.
- TravelCare – TravelCare keeps your employees safe during their trips, alerting them to any urgent information affecting their travel.
- Integrated travel policy & approval flows – Create and customize your ideal travel policy in under two minutes. Built-in policies make it simple for employees to stay within budget and stay in control of their travel without being micromanaged.
- Centralized invoicing – Get one invoice for all your purchases and pay just one provider. Don’t waste any more time chasing down invoices.
- Easy & real-time expense reports – An intuitive, easy-to-use expense management interface enables you to track employee spending in real-time.
- VAT recovery helps you save up to 25% on your annual corporate travel expenditure.
- GreenPerk – Set travel emissions targets and drive down traveler emissions through accurate data, and work with carbon compensation solutions.
- Integration with third-party software – Easily connect with a catalog of third-party software integration partners and access some great apps from health and wellness to meeting spaces.
- Events management – From kick-offs and offsites to seasonal parties, organize your work events with ease and enable remote and hybrid teams to connect in real life.
TravelPerk is a leading travel management company offering businesses and travelers complete control and visibility over the travel management process. Everyone benefits from time and money saved, while all aspects of managing business trips are connected and aligned.
Start saving money on business travel for your company today!
2. G Travel
G Travel should be on your radar if you’re looking for a Norwegian-owned TMC. In addition to business travel, they specialize in group travel, offshore trips, and marine trips while prioritizing sustainability. In 1967, the company was founded with the mission to create a stress-free travel experience, thanks to their partnerships with rental car companies, hotels, airlines, and credit card companies. G Travel is headquartered in Trøndelag, the third largest county in Norway. Their range of services include:
- 24-hour telephone service
- In-house visa solutions
- Group travel management
- Environment-friendly travel options
- CO2 reporting
Despite their years of experience in the industry, G Travel seems to be behind the times with software solutions. For example, G Travel lacks third-party software and HR tool integration capabilities that modern corporate travel management solutions like TravelPerk offer. Plus, TravelPerk lets you reclaim VAT and offers over 25,000 exclusive corporate accommodation rates, both of which G Travel lacks.
Egencia is another popular choice for businesses with employees visiting Norway frequently. This US-based travel tech platform caters to businesses in over 60 nations and serves Norwegian clients from its Oslo office. Egencia’s open API platform is known for simplifying travel billing and expense management with integrations. Additionally, their ability to create tailored travel programs using artificial intelligence makes them stand out.
Their key offerings include:
- Travel risk management services
- Consistent business travel policy and approval process
- Travel management consulting
- Business travel reporting
Although users find Egencia’s interface appealing, users have described the platform as ‘glitchy’ and ‘non-intuitive’. However, TravelPerk’s users consider the platform incredibly user-friendly and easy to use, thanks to the on-the-go mobile app and 24/7 customer support available. Moreover, TravelPerk offers a top-notch hotel and flight inventory and doesn’t charge any hidden fees.
Arriva offers custom business travel solutions for the energy and marine industry. Their online portal helps employees to book business trips and allows companies to manage travel costs and access team KPIs. Arriva’s Norwegian customer center advisors are available round the clock to answer questions via phone, chat, and email.
They offer a wide range of services including:
- Corporate travel and event management
- Specialized global business travel for energy and marine organizations
- 24/7 travel advisor assistance
- Live travel tracker for travel risk management
Although Arriva is the preferred option for energy, resource, and marine (ERM) business travel, it lacks the ability to cater to other sectors. Plus, global TMC providers like TravelPerk offer a larger travel inventory across all verticals. TravelPerk also offers a consumer-grade booking platform for ease of self-booking and travel policy integration. Moreover, companies can save money by reclaiming VAT as well.
If you’re looking for a company in Norway to handle your corporate tours, Connections offers a range of travel services catering to your needs. This Sandefjord-based TMC specializes in business events, company tours, sports travel management, and private holidays. After being founded in 2007, Connections became Norway’s first Environmental Lighthouse-certified travel agency in 2008. Today, they serve companies from all over Scandinavia from their Sandefjord and Trondheim offices.
Their key services are:
- International sports tours
- 24/7 customer support
- Dedicated customer advisors
Connections has been around for a decade helping various industries in Scandinavia, but their offerings may not be modern enough for many corporate travelers. Today, those traveling for business want an inventory-packed self-booking system that is also compliant with company travel policies, something that Connections lacks. Popular TMCs like TravelPerk not only offer this feature but also let companies reclaim VAT and integrate with third-party HR tools.
How to choose the right corporate travel management company in Norway
Amid a changing business travel industry landscape, you need the right corporate travel management support from your TMC. When selecting a TMC, the following key attributes are crucial:
- Technology – The driving force of modern travel, your chosen corporate travel company in Norway should be able to integrate the right travel tech for your business. The right travel technologies can help you manage risk, automate repetitive processes, and identify time and cost savings.
- Flexibility – Travel plans can change. A TMC that makes adjusting travel arrangements simple is a must to make life easier for travel planners and travelers alike.
- Responsiveness – Travel disruptions happen. When they do, you want a business travel management company that’s available and responsive to tackle any problems that arise. Ideally, you want to communicate with a real human rather than a bot when time is of the essence.
- Comprehensiveness – You want a corporate travel management company that covers everything. A TMC should be your one-stop shop for all things business travel related. From booking flights and accommodation to managing travel expenses, you want to limit the number of touchpoints to ensure a streamlined travel management process.
Come see the Northern Lights on your next work trip
So, that’s the rundown of the best corporate travel management companies in Norway. Each of these companies specializes in a certain area of corporate travel.
If you want the best Nordic travel experience, world-class travel inventory, and helpful customer support from a team of travel experts, TravelPerk is the clear winner. Businesses can also leverage TravelPerk’s FlexiPerk for free trip cancellations with no questions asked. Curious to know how we simplify business trips? Request a demo today and get to learn all the perks of using TravelPerk.