Currently an FCM Travel Solutions customer? Maybe you’re considering FCM Travel competitors before making a decision? Just interested in what’s out there?
We’ve listed the top 5 alternatives to FCM Travel for you to consider and compare. We’ve included details on key features, pricing, languages supported, and online reviews to help you find the right corporate travel management solution for your business.
TravelPerk is an end-to-end travel management company with an all-in-one digital platform for businesses and corporate travelers.
The modern platform is built with traveler self-management at its core and enables users to manage the business travel booking process from beginning to end from its centralized platform. From travel management reporting and trip approvals to policy compliance and traveler safety features, TravelPerk provides a best-in-class experience for business travelers and finance managers.
As well as access to the world’s largest travel inventory for flights and accommodation, TravelPerk offers the most comprehensive and unique set of corporate travel features. These include a VAT recovery solution, a carbon offsetting program, and FlexiPerk, an add-on that allows users to cancel their travel plans up to two hours before departure with a guaranteed refund of 80%.
TravelPerk noteworthy features
On top of the comprehensive features listed above, TravelPerk also offers a meetings and events management solution and enables users to book alternative transportation options, such as trains and rental cars from within the TravelPerk platform.
How customers rate TravelPerk
- G2 rating: 4.6/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: 4.8/5 (as of June 2023)
Since TravelPerk is suitable for businesses of all sizes, there are four pricing plans to choose from, starting with a free tier. All plans have access to the world’s largest travel inventory and the 7* customer care support team, and customers can add an unlimited amount of travelers or administrators to the platform.
Across all of TravelPerk’s paid plans, businesses only pay the monthly fee if they travel that month. Here’s an overview of TravelPerk’s pricing tiers:
- Starter: This plan is free to use, meaning there is no monthly subscription fee. Plus, the first 5 bookings each month are completely free too, with a 5% booking fee thereafter. Users have access to consolidated invoicing, unlimited cost centers, one policy and approval workflow, and travel restrictions information and alerts.
- Premium: Priced at $99/month with a 3% booking fee, this plan offers concierge services for special requests, savings of up to 25% with VAT-ready invoices, and secure traveler sign-in and automated user setup.
- Pro: This plan costs $299/month with a 3% booking fee and provides unlimited policy and approval workflows, unlimited budgets by cost center, custom reports and insights, and access to corporate rates.
- Enterprise: This tier is designed for enterprise businesses that want to customize their requirements. To find out more about this plan, get in touch with an expert.
Languages supported by TravelPerk
TravelPerk supports the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Italian, and French.
Start saving money on business travel today
CTM, short for Corporate Travel Management, is a leading business travel management provider with over 25 years of experience. The company offers a range of services, including travel booking, itinerary planning, expense management, and travel policy compliance. CTM’s ample experience and commitment to embracing innovative technology help them deliver comprehensive corporate travel management solutions.
CTM noteworthy features
- A self-serve online booking tool, Lightning, for making travel bookings
- An intuitive mobile app, from which travelers can plan, book, and change travels on the go.
- Visa and passport support to ensure seamless business travel.
- CTM SMART Data platform for insights to drive savings and efficiencies.
- CTM Climate+ to help travelers understand and optimize the impact of business travel.
- Traveler wellbeing insights to identify potential wellbeing issues and stress triggers in your corporate travel program.
- Solutions designed specifically for small and growing businesses.
How customers rate CTM
- G2 rating: 1.8/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: CTM have no Capterra ratings (as of June 2023)
You’ll need to get in touch with CTM to request pricing information.
Languages supported by CTM
CTM provides support to clients in English. The Lightning booking tool is available in English, German, French, Italian, and Swedish.
3. AMEX GBT
AMEX GBT, or American Express Global Business Travel, is a travel management company that specializes in providing corporate travel solutions to businesses. AMEX typically provides services to larger companies—having acquired Egencia to better serve smaller businesses. Their solution focuses on team management, meetings, and the well-being of travelers.
AMEX GBT noteworthy features
- A unified system for managing bookings and travel expenses.
- Mobile app for on-the-go travel management and updates.
- Data and analytics with Amex GBT’s Premier Insights™ to compare your program to industry peers and identify opportunities to improve your program.
- Monitor rate drops and easily rebook tickets to save money with re-shop tools.
- Airline credit reporting: a holistic view of total refund amounts and any unused tickets available is visible in the easy-to-use reporting tool.
- Risk alerts provide you with direct communication during disruptions.
- Navigate business travel challenges while traveling with personal assistants ready to assist.
How customers rate AMEX GBT
- G2 rating: 4/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: AMEX GBT have no Capterra ratings (as of June 2023)
AMEX GBT pricing
Pricing information isn’t available on the site; you’ll need to get in touch for custom pricing.
Languages supported by AMEX GBT
AMEX GBT provides support in English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, French Canadian, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
CWT provides business travel management solutions to businesses of all sizes across the globe. The company provides end-to-end travel management services, including travel booking, itinerary management, expense management, policy compliance, risk management, and reporting.
CWT noteworthy features
- myCWT™ app provides travelers with itineraries, details, and support around the clock.
- Risk management solutions—including incident notifications, traveler tracking, and international SOS—ensure you meet your legal and ethical obligations to support employees.
- Choose from over 800,000 accommodation options with a global distribution system.
- Analytics and visualization capabilities from AnalytIQs to track your travel expenses with actionable insights.
- Access to a global cybersecurity team for assisting employees with navigating data threats and security issues.
- Industry-specific travel programs to support a wide variety of businesses.
How customers rate CWT
- G2 rating: 3.7/5 (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: CWT has no Capterra ratings (as of June 2023)
Pricing isn’t available on the website so you’ll need to get in touch for a custom quote.
Languages supported by CWT
The myCWT app is available in English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
FCM Travel vs CWT
Both of these established travel management solutions provide the tools you need for efficient travel management. FCM Travel performs better when looking at customer reviews—achieving 5/5 stars compared to CWT’s 3.7 stars on G2. However, these 5 stars for FCM Travel are based on just one review.
One review for CWT states: “The system is clunky, not user friendly, and often has flight prices listed at a cost higher than the airline’s website.” Given this is one of the primary functionalities of a modern corporate travel tool, you might want to discuss this with CWT before making any decisions. Other reviews for CWT are more positive, but it’s worth noting that some users encounter issues.
5. BCD Travel
BCD Travel provides business travel management service and tools to businesses big and small through a variety of solutions. It offers service via a travel agent and a variety of digital tools to support your corporate travel program.
BCD Travel noteworthy features
- BCD Pay provides T&E spend management features to travelers and finance managers
- Real-time alerts in BCD’s mobile app to make sure all travelers are safe
- Data reporting within 90 minutes of making a booking
- TripSource®, a tool allowing admin staff and travelers to manage trips in one place
- 24/7 customer service
- Access to Connect by BCD platform to network with industry peers and develop travel management skills
- BCD Developer Hub provides APIs and developer tools to power the next generation of corporate travel
How customers rate BCD Travel
- G2 rating: BCD Travel has no G2 ratings (as of June 2023)
- Capterra rating: BCD Travel has no Capterra ratings (as of June 2023)
BCD Travel pricing
Pricing is available upon request.
Languages supported by BCD Travel
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
FCM Travel vs BCD Travel
BCD Travel has no online reviews on G2, Capterra, or sitejabber. FCM Travel has reviews on G2 and sitejabber, but not Capterra. It’s difficult to compare the two based on reviews—especially as we primarily look to G2 and Capterra for verified reviews. Both are established travel management companies who have modernized their offerings with digital tools to support modern travelers.
Both companies offer similar corporate travel management solutions and tools, including booking tools, safety and risk management, expense management and reporting, and post-travel insights.
Whether you’re sending employees to New York or Brisbane, there are huge benefits to working with a corporate travel management solution to streamline the process. That could be FCM Travel, or it could be any other of our solutions.
Make sure to do your own research and consider your own travel needs before deciding on a solution. We at TravelPerk are ready to talk when you are.