In November 2022, IHG Hotels & Resorts announced a partnership with Iberostar to add more all-inclusive resorts to its network. Although IHG doesn’t own the Iberostar Beachfront Resorts brand, IHG One Rewards members can now earn points and enjoy on-property perks when staying at participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts properties.
Starting Thursday, IHG One Rewards members will enjoy many of the perks they’re used to getting at other IHG brands when staying at select Iberostar Beachfront Resorts properties. In particular, members can now get the following benefits on eligible stays at participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts:
- Early check-in (for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members; subject to availability)
- Late checkout up to 2 p.m. (for all members, subject to availability)
- Complimentary upgrades (for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members; subject to availability)
- Guaranteed room availability (for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members)
- Welcome amenity at check-in (600 IHG One Rewards points or $15 hotel credit for Platinum Elite members; 600 IHG One Rewards points or $20 hotel credit for Diamond Elite members)
- Free internet (for all members)
- Priority check-in (at participating hotels)
- Lounge access, including use of Star Prestige facilities (when available; for members with an annual lounge membership)
As of Thursday, the following Iberostar Beachfront Resorts participate in IHG One Rewards:
- Brazil: Iberostar Bahia and Iberostar Selection Praia do Forte
- Dominican Republic: Iberostar Selection Bavaro, Coral Level at Iberostar Selection Bavaro, Iberostar Dominicana, Iberostar Costa Dorada, Iberostar Grand Bavaro, Iberostar Selection Hacienda Dominicus and Iberostar Punta Cana
- Jamaica: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Iberostar Selection Rose Hall Suites and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
- Mexico: Iberostar Cozumel, Iberostar Selection Cancun, Coral Level at Iberostar Selection Cancun, Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Iberostar Selection Playa Mita, Iberostar Paraiso Beach, Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo, Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya, Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan
- Montenegro: Iberostar Herceg Novi
- Morocco: Iberostar Founty Beach and Iberostar Saidia
- Spain: Iberostar Selection Anthelia, Iberostar Cristina, Iberostar Selection Playa de Palma, Iberostar Royal Andalus, Iberostar Bouganville Playa, Iberostar Playa Gaviotas, Iberostar Selection Lanzarote Park, Iberostar Selection Sabila, Iberostar Grand Salome, Iberostar Selection Fuerteventura Palace, Iberostar Ciudad Blanca, Iberostar Alcudia Park, Iberostar Selection Albufera Park, Iberostar Selection Albufera Playa, Iberostar Club Cala Barca, Iberostar Bahia de Palma and Iberostar Selection Andalucia Playa
You can see the current list of participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts on IHG’s website. And, since IHG credit cards earn bonus points on qualifying purchases made at hotels participating in IHG One Rewards, you should now earn bonus points when you use your IHG credit card at participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts.
Even if you booked a stay at a participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts property prior to Wednesday, you can earn IHG points (and enjoy on-site perks starting Thursday) as long as you booked through an eligible channel and check out on or after Wednesday.
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Apart from the annual lounge membership, you must book your stay through one of the following channels to enjoy the perks detailed above:
- IHG’s website or IHG One Rewards app
- IHG WeChat mini program
- IHG Customer Care
- Iberostar website
- Iberostar contact center
- Directly with an Iberostar Beachfront Resort
Be sure to log in to your IHG account or state your member number during the booking process to associate your IHG One Rewards member number with your booking.
You can’t currently enjoy reward night discounts, confirmable suite upgrades or food and beverage rewards at participating Iberostar properties. And you currently can’t redeem IHG points or free night certificates for stays at Iberostar properties. However, IHG says these benefits and award bookings will be available at participating Iberostar properties “in the near future.”
It’s good news that IHG is integrating some Iberostar Beachfront Resorts into IHG One Rewards. Now, IHG One Rewards members can enjoy many of the same perks they’re used to receiving when staying at other IHG brands, including upgrades for eligible elite members and lounge access for members who chose an annual lounge membership through the IHG Milestone Rewards program.
I expect IHG to integrate more Iberostar properties into its loyalty program over the coming months and years. And IHG has noted that it plans to add the ability to redeem IHG points, use food and beverage rewards and apply confirmable suite upgrades at participating Iberostar properties in the near future.